Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

BRB

It's been a leeetlle crazy getting everything squared away so I can skip the week before midterms (really. who does that. dumb.) and fly away to California (worth it).  And THEN I'll come back for 2 days, regroup, and jet back to the west coast and spend a week in the Portland area with Lucas Spucas.

Too frivolous for a poor college student to be taking two back-to-back trips? Probably.  But...I predict by this time next year it'll be much more difficult to get away, so we're taking advantage of our numbered days as semi-adolescents.

Viva la broke life.

So, here's a generic hipster song for the occasion. It's mildly catchy. And I haven't actually watched this whole video, so if something weird happens...tant pis.


And because I don't actually have anything interesting to write about, here's the song I've really been obsessing over for the last couple months.  And I think it mentions California, so...how appropriate.





Also, instead of packing, I spent a solid half hour yesterday doing this.  I dare you to do it only once.

It took me right back to middle school keyboarding class, where the biggest stress in my life was trying to keep up with the typing finesse of those who weren't still trapped in the stone age with dial-up at home and were allowed to sit on MSN messenger with all their ~*fRiEnDs*~ (because you know everyone wrote their screen name all dumb like that) for more than 5 minutes before mother HAD to call someone.  Always.

Run-on sentence rant over. My typing speed insecurities are gone now.

Have a fab couple of weeks!  I'll be dragging our new camera around and pretending I know how to  use it on manual (I don't), so hopefully I'll get something good (when I stop being a poser and put it back on auto) to share.

P.S. Happy Birthday shout out to my dear KAREN HANSEN, who really is the cutest little lady you'll ever meet. Ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment