Well, I began this post last Wednesday. So for anything that may have been relevant then (which...it wasn't)...we'll just sweep that right under the rug.
I was all revved and ready to type out an earth-shattering post including shots of:
1. Our resident smarty who wrapped his rope around a pole in yard 9823 times and was unable to move.
2.
The gang ready for a hot date with the car wash. Twinkle Toes is thrown off by Jen dressed pre-noon and the 26 weeker is grumbling for food, food and more food.
The excitement and intrigue...it's too much, I know. Cue Luke returning home from work abnormally early with a "Now, don't be mad..." and a picture of us thinking about going to wash the Subaru was about as far as we got.
Luke had smashed one of his fingers while cutting down a tree, and it appeared to be in need of some stitchery. Or so I heard - gore is not my thang. Our house was scheduled to be shown to potential new renters in a few hours, so I scrambled to shove every dirty dish that would fit into the dishwasher before we headed the hospital. Starting to think we should request a VIP parking spot because well...we're there all ze time.
Cut to today, and not much else to report. Luke and his Franken-finger went back to work this morning, and I'm feeling pretty accomplished after purging the fridge of all the condiments that expired in 2012.
We recently started a more strict version of the Paleo diet for Luke to try to get his colitis in check. It has mostly been working and we're still experimenting. It is dang hard, but so far it has kept him both from slipping back into half-alive mode and needing to start the more scary drugs, and I'm not going to complain about that. I've been researching auto-immune diseases and the Paleo diet like a maniac, so maybe someday I'll write a post or two about our experience with it if anyone's interested.
Um...I also stopped shampooing my hair as of today and am testing the baking soda & vinegar approach to see if it's worth the hype. I'll let you know how it goes.
So in conclusion, we've basically morphed into food-crazed hippies and I cannot wait for summer to show its pretty face so I can get some gardening on.
Was that a random enough mash-up of topics?
LOVE. You can definitely fill me in on your research. After all, I'm living in Boulder and throw around that research all the time and am seriously considering some lifestyle changes, yo. I'd be down to jump on that bandwagon. Yay health and hippie lyfe.
ReplyDelete