But...Grace just posted this little gem, and my inner quiz-loving early 2000's girl just couldn't resist.
So, here you are.
1. The Happiness Project.
Go ahead, judge away. I too rolled my eyes when my mom waved this at me with a cheery, "This will be sooooo gooooood for you to record your days before your wedding!!"
To which I responded (mentally) "Um....I'd rather not have a written record of my mental breakdowns over flowers and whether our invitations would be too heavy for the million stamps I already bought. Please and thank you. "
I accepted anyways and began making occasional entries (the idea is that you write just a couple lines about your day every day...for 5 years. There is one page for each day, so you can compare from year to year)...then all of a sudden it grew on me and has become a part of my bedtime-routine, and now I think it's just the funniest thing to read back on what I was FREAKING about exactly one little year ago. The best part is remembering those random little days that were just the best for no reason, and realizing you had completely forgotten the days that you were preeeeetty sure were the end of the world. It's nice.
2. Corgi Puppies.
Luke and I will be taking home one of these little goobers in one(!!!) week! I hate to be one of those snobs that only will get one certain breed of dog, but I just adore them. Seriously, the best little personalities. So obviously I've been super distracted this week and am just itching to cuddle allllll day long, but we're waiting until we can move into our new place. Oh, and his name will be Roger.
I fully plan on exploiting his cuteness to lure potential friends into my lair of loneliness while Luke works 234978 hours per week. Summer plans include taking long walks at the park, learning to herd chickens, and watching The Goonies together on repeat. Excuse me, Luke who?
3. The Indie Rock Coloring Book.
Again, deceptively awesome. Coloring book for big kids? Sign me up. Ma mere gave it to me one Christmas, and it's my favorite zoning out activity. Luke & Jordan were slaving away on a lab report (involving dissolving grasshoppers in acid and then...studying stuff in them? That's normal, right?) last night, and I figured one round of tax accounting and a strategic management presentation was enough brain usage for this little over achiever (coughcough), so I took to my colored pencils. Each page represents different fab bands AND proceeds go to charity. Win, win.
4. This song.
Can Macklemore & Ryan Lewis do no wrong? If you're feeling wild, check out the official music video.
5. **Skip this if naughty words make you sad.**
This site is just what the doctor ordered when you're having one of those days when you just want to let off a string of poor language choices. Shield the kiddos' and mom's eyes and have a good laugh. If it wasn't already apparent, I'm feeling 14 years old today and find this hilarious, but my deepest apologies to anyone who disagrees.
So that's that! Have the bestest day and enjoy the sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment