I'll never have to go to class again, which means I'll never have the awkward first day of class scenario where you randomly choose a place to sit, but by the end of the semester you're the best of friends with the person you just happened to sit next to. But you know you'll probably see them around campus next semester, so everything's a-okay. Not so this time.
Or that absolutely ridiculous high of walking away from your last final for the semester, and you go home and just sit...without a care in the world until you get called away to celebrate. Rough.
All those millions of hours in the 3D lab, panicked trips to Wal-Mart to get more printer ink 20 minutes before your giant paper is due, eating Wheat Thin sandwiches and hitting up the free snacks at art shows because you just don't want to spend money on food...not going to happen again.
And yeah, those were shitty "why in the hell did I sign up for this?" moments at the time...but now there's a part of you that would just love to go back to those "oh...it's 6 a.m....I guess it's a little late to go to bed now" nights just for the adrenaline rush of knowing that you once again pulled off yet another giant project just in time. Pat on the back and move on to procrastinating the next thing.
So here's to you, college. I have no idea how much actual academic goodness I retained (Wait....I took Anthropology?), but I do know I've met the absolute best people in the world here, and even if I do end up being a house mouse with my babies for the rest of my life, just meeting all these people was 100% worth the effort of getting this degree. Do I wish I had another year? Another week? Oh my lord, no. All great things must come to an end (or something like that), and I'm ecstatic for Luke and I to move to the next phase of life together. It sure doesn't hurt to take a look back though and ache a little for the good old days; that's how you know they really were the best.
And now to dilute the sap and cheese in your system a little bit, here's a few images that I think are pretty good representations of the last four years.
I'm sure I'll have more really deep and original thoughts this week as I continue to avoid finishing my strategic analysis and tax final, so hold onto your hats!









No comments:
Post a Comment