Welcome to Wednesday. Allow me to be your guide.
1. In recent food news, we're 2 for 2 in actually making a meal for dinner this week. I found a copycat recipe for Noodles & Co's Penne Cavatappi, and it was fab. And I know you were waiting, so here you are: beer can chicken is good. Real good. Google dat.
2. Roger the Amazing Breakable Dog has been mysteriously limping around for the past few days, so I finally took him to the vet...thanks to some drugs and an order from the Dr. to NOT prance around for 5 days to let the little leg heal, we've been having a blast. A cooped-up puppy does not a good pal make. I know you were wondering.
3. Speaking of the vet, on my drive home, some tiny bug thing bit my neck. To which I responded by slapping at it with one hand while elbowing Nevergoingtobeaservicedog Roger away from the driver's seat with the other arm. Instead of killing the thing (the bug, of course), I ushered it down my shirt, where it chomped its little way around my right boob and down to my belly. How I didn't kill it in my panicked slapping my own chest and digging around my shirt to find the damn thing, I just don't know. So anyways, if you happened to witness a gimpy dog being chauffeured by a girl getting fresh with herself in the car....c'est moi. And that's the story.
4. My back-up boyfriend Cody and his girlfriend are coming to stay tomorrow night and we are just beyond excited. They're both ridiculously talented graphic designers, so we Lees enjoy that our coolness levels spike when they're around. They're just the best. We're looking forward to having some real conversations, and I plan on whipping out my newly honed mojito skills, so look out you two.
Clearly, Cody was really the first to propose so....maybe Luke's actually the back up boyfriend?? I think so. Just look at those love-struck faces. (P.S. Fear not, monogamy fans. This guy got the title from walking me home when Luke had to stay in lab late and would faithfully ask, "So honey, how was your day?" He's a keeper, alright.)
Well, I'm off to the land of all things classy (Target) to trick our friends into thinking we have our lives together and staying forever and ever. I'm envisioning a clean floor. Yes? Yes.
Bye friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment