Sunday was spent hanging garage sale art on the walls and making this place look just a little less like a sterile surgical room and more like real people live here.
Rog was both helpful and non-destructive. Per usual. Which brings us to yesterday. Luke was back to the real world, so these two homebodies set off to be super productive. Laundry was done, walk was walked, bridal shower games worked on....but Roger was in a state of panic ALL DAY that could not be calmed. Why oh why would a little puppy in a safe and secure home be worried?
Because there was an intruding table on the deck rudely drying its new coat of spray paint, of course.
How dare it. At least he was wise enough to place his martyr of a hedgehog between himself and the imminent threat, so you have to give him points for that.
Sooo all that necessary barking and whining and barking brought us right up to Jen'sgettinghangrytime. Luke still wasn't home, so I decided to shake things up a bit and make dinner. Food was done when Luke came running in the house, and I had my most pleasant househermit face all ready to go by the time he said, "Not done yet, I have to run back quick. But here, I thought you would like this. I can't wait to have kids with you!" and handed me this and ran out the door again:
A little boy at one of the houses they worked at wanted to give the guys something, so they were each given a signed photograph of his favorite trucks.
So Jacob, when you learn to read and for some reason find this, thanks. Your picture went right up on the fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment