Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Falalalalovlies.

I know, I know, I too, am surprised this blog hasn't been evicted from cyber land from lack of use.

So where were we?  Me whining about life moving too quickly? Well Jen of a few months ago: shut it.

I could write out all the nitty grit of the events that have boiled down to right now (which I guess is why people blog regularly?), but we'll jump to the punchline.

1. After months of tests and appointments, Luke was finally diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.  I'll leave you to google it at your leisure, but it's not pretty.  We're hoping that we finally have the right cocktail of mediation going to keep the symptoms at bay, and recently all has been fairly normal around here again.  It's been an interesting thing to go through as a young couple - there is absolutely no bodily function off limits anymore, and Jen has learned how to man up and start a fire (in the fireplace...) all on her own.  And as sappy as it sounds, I actually acknowledge the healthy days now and we do our best to make the most of them.  Like not getting out of pajamas all day.

2. I quit my job.  Yes, the good job that I was absurdly lucky to be offered.  Why?  I have never felt more overwhelmed, less interested, or less qualified to do something in my life.  It was a terrible fit and I knew it, but I told myself to give it a shot.  Nope.  Nothing like getting your degree and realizing what you loved in classes sends you into heart attack mode in real life.  Still, I was determined to stick with it.  But cue the perfect storm including Luke being unable to even leave bed for weeks at a time, no more sick time left, and almost an hour commute each way...I couldn't do it anymore.  I'm telling myself (and all the confused family members) that something better has to come along that can actually work with our lives...right? 

I'll just leave the last couple things for next time.  Pinky swear it won't be in 5 years.  He's some real nice shots from our obviously professional Christmas card photo snoot. Some (okay, all) may or may not have made the cut.  I'll let you be the judge.

Happy last week before Christmas to frantically finish shopping! Or start!


 Without the tongue next time, please. 



 Merry sneaky Christmas.




 Good models get dinner. The mediocre get tortillas.



 "Do we look happy?"

Who? You or paunchy Yoda? Are those really his arms?


"Okay, give me a nice real smile!"



 "Maybe you don't have to look right at the camera?"



"Smile with your teeth more?"

And that's a wrap.  Those who requested a Christmas card: consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment